This giveaway is closed and the winner has been selected.
Happy New Giveaway! It's able2able's first giveaway of 2012, just in time to remind you that it is still a new year full of new opportunities to live, love, and laugh.
In the nature of fun and giving back, My BlogSpark and Burger King are giving away a $25 BURGER KING® Crown Card to purchase a kids meal featuring the BK CROWNTM Program. You do not have to be an able2able follower to enter this giveaway!
I had never heard of the BK CrownTM Program before this giveaway. As a former BK Lounge employee (circa 1982), it was neat to see what the company is doing nowadays.
(text in italics is quoted from My Blog Spark)
"IMAGINATION IS KINGTM at BURGER KING®. The new BK CROWNTM Program, built to inspire every kid´s imagination and encourage kids to help choose how BK® gives back, brings families together to enjoy not just a meal but a mealtime experience."
Here are four features that make the new BK CrownTM/MC Program more than a kid's meal in a box:
1. The BK CROWNTM Program comes in a fully interactive Kids Meal box. Sitting atop each box is a newly redesigned BURGER KING® crown, because every kid deserves to be treated like royalty at BURGER KING®! With crowns on their heads, kids can dive into the box, taking it apart, playing fun games and activities that challenge their minds, inspire their imagination and engage with the whole family.
2. With the BK CROWNTM , Burger King Corporation invites kids to tell BURGER KING® what matters to them most. BKC has established a fund to help support the Wildlife Conservation Society, National Parks Conservation Association, DonorsChoose.org and Have It Your Way Foundation. By visiting BKCrown.com, kids learn how BKC´s charitable partners make a difference. Upon entering BK CROWNTM Codes and clicking on their favorite cause, each kid´s vote helps BK® choose which charity to give back to.
3. The fun doesn´t end at the restaurant; the BK CROWNTM Program experience lives on at www.BKCrown.com where kids can place their vote for how BKC should give back, as well as find more games, win prizes and enjoy interactive play.
4. Also at BURGER KING®, for just $9.99 your family can enjoy the "BK Family Bundle" which includes a WHOPPER® sandwich, WHOPPER JR.® sandwich., two small fries, two small soft drinks and a Kids Meal. Now that´s a deal worth getting together for! Limited time only. Price and participation vary. Prices higher in HI.
We were blessed with our own $25 Crown Card to see how the kids liked the BK CROWNTM Program. Right away we ran into a little snafu with the crowns built into the kids meal boxes. They were too small for both of my children (a surprise since Clara-Bear has mild microencephaly). I had to return to the counter and be ignored by busy staff to get the kids crowns that fit.
I could not believe how happy something as simple as the crowns made my children! I think that was their favorite part of our first family outing for the new year. Even though Clara-Bear refuses to wear hats unless she's super cold, she was still tickled by her crown.
Luckily, the crowns saved the day. I had to make a second trip back to the counter to find out why we got Sponge Bob toys instead of the advertised Happy Feet 2 toy. I had time to check out the kids meal toy display case while being ignored. Our local Burger King has a reputation for being dirty. The bad reputation was displayed along with the toys. The top of the case had a layer of dust thick enough for the health inspector to write the restaurant's inspection score in.
My son was with me this time, and was very unhappy with the terse reply about running out of the toy he had seen on Burger King commercials. He would have dealt much better with being told about the toy substitution up front then getting brushed off after he got his meal. He's easy going, and still had his crown, so all was good after Mommy and Daddy did a little creative redirecting.
In case you haven't guessed, our store does not have a reputation for good customer service either. It's hard to enjoy a business that appears stressed and overwhelmed by fulfilling its reason for being. Hopefully, stores like ours will step up and work as hard on their public perception as the corporate office is.
On the positive side, I liked that the box had games we could play as a family in addition to puzzles and coloring activities. The differences between Clara-Bear and Alan splits the family when we are out. Usually my husband and myself divide and interact one on one with a child rather than all of us enjoying an activity together. We all enjoyed playing girls vs. boys ring toss with the meal box. I hope Burger King can start a trend for kids' meal activities that bring families together as well as providing independent mealtime play choices.
As far as the giving, each box has a code that can be entered at the BK CROWNTM Program website as a vote on which worthy cause will get a donation from BKC. The kids enjoyed learning about different causes, and like 53% of kids who have entered codes, mine chose wildlife.
One lucky able2able winner will win a $25 Burger King giftcard compliments of My Blog Spark and Burger King! You do not have to be an able2able follower to enter this giveaway but you do need to leave an email address or have a public profile so I can contact you if you win.
I never share or sell follower information, but if you prefer to enter this giveaway as anonymous you must email me (a midg rn at gee mail dot calm) so I have a way to connect the entry with a person.
This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm (CT) on Tuesday, January 31st. The winner's name will be posted on able2able and I will also contact you. The lucky winner will have 72 hours to reply.
Mandatory First Visit the Give Back section at www.BKCrown.com and leave a comment telling us what worthy cause you want Burger King support.
The mandatory first entry must be completed before you can complete any of the following additional entries!
You can choose to do one or all of these additional entries in any order. There are a total of 9 possible entries.
For 1 additional entry:
- Like able2able Blog on Facebook and post a shout out comment on the wall. Current Facebook Fans may post an entry.
For an additional 2 entries (post a comment for each entry):
- Post a link to this giveaway on your Facebook status.
- Tweet the link to this giveaway using the hashtag #MyBlogSpark.
- Become a public follower of able2able Blog. Current followers may post three separate entries.
It is very important that you post a comment for each entry. Why? Because a random number generator will be used to select the winner. Each comment will be numbered by Blogger, and I will use those numbers for the drawing. So if you combine entries into one post all your entries will not be counted. There will be no do-overs!
I will verify that the winning entry has met the requirements above, so if your comment for a FB status update is the winning comment then I might ask to see that link, etc. If I cannot verify your entry, then all your entries will be removed from the list and the drawing will be repeated.
I received a $25 Burger King gift card in exchange for writing this review. The sponsor did not influence or edit this review.