- Do I have to sign up as an able2able follower to enter a giveaway? Not unless the giveaway rules state it is a requirement. We accept drive-bys!
- How do I post a comment? Click on the post title or "Read More" to expand the post. Comments are at the end of the post. Scroll to the end of the comments and click on "Post a Comment." Make sure you read the giveaway rules or your entry will not be counted. Rules change according to the product and the sponsor. Read some of the other comments if you are confused about posting multiple entries.
- What happens to my information when I post a comment to enter? Nothing by me, unless you win. However, if you are a member of blogger or Google and have your profile set to a public setting, then be aware that anyone can click on your name and read your profile (that’s why it’s called public). You can select what name you want to use for your post. Some bloggers like to include a link to their blog. I would advise anybody posting online to create an email account (with a password that is only used for that account) just for online activity. You will be given the option of posting as anonymous. That’s fine, but I will not be able to email you if you win. Email me if you want to post as anonymous and I will give you a code word for your entry.
- Do I have to do everything requested to enter? No, that’s a menu of choices. You can enter only once, or as many times as the giveaway post offers.
- Where does this stuff come from? From sponsors – think about how powerful the Internet can be. You read a post that interests you or ticks you off. What do you do? You talk about, blog about it, post links on Face Book, tweet – the list goes on. Considering that some blogs have thousands of readers, giving something away through a blog is cheap, fast advertising. Sometimes companies contact a blogger, sometimes the blogger contacts them and asks for products for their blog. Now there are companies making a business out of connecting bloggers with interested sponsors.
- What’s the difference between a review and a giveaway? On able2able, I only write product reviews of products I have tried. I might purchase the product myself, read an interesting book, or I might want to share my experience with a cool gift given to one of my kids. Like many bloggers, I share my opinion in the form of a review. Sometimes, I am offered a product to giveaway, but not one to review. In that case, I use information from the sponsor’s website to write about the products features. Some sponsors offer bloggers a sample to review and a product for giveaway. Accepting a product to review does not guarantee a positive review!
- Why are there so many ways to enter a giveaway? Because there's no such thing as something for nothing! Bloggers want readers, and sponsors want more people to visit their sites, talk about them, and to buy their products. So, most bloggers will ask you to visit the sponsor’s site and post a comment as “proof.” Then, to encourage you to spread the word about the blog and the sponsor, they offer additional entries in return for following the blog and spreading the word.
And to see how other blogs set up their giveaways visit Prizey (warning - entering blog giveaways is contagious!)